Are you good at organizing projects and communicating with diverse groups of people? Can you listen to the perspectives of many and synthesize them into the best possible outcome? Do you like to brainstorm new ideas? If you have the ability to accomplish all of those things, then the Academy Nutrition and Dietetics has the job for you.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals and is seeking a full-time Manager, Dietetic Practice Group and Member Interest Group Relations to work with the overall operations of the Academy's professional practice groups. In this role, the Manager may advise, negotiate and consult with officers and members on policy, financial, ethics and operational issues.
- Manage and direct a full range of projects, including, but not limited to: researching and analyzing all projects for legal, financial and procedural impact, assisting with budget development, goal planning, conflict resolution, auditing financial statements, editing publications and correspondences, negotiating auxiliary services, facilitating meetings and advising on contracts and grants.
- Organize and prioritize member and dietetic practice issues for DPG's. Provide strategic planning support and track pertinent information and guidelines. Direct communication activities and correspondences for and from DPG executive committees and volunteer leaders.
- Manage regular communication with DPG leaders and members via conference call, emails, and in person meetings/events.
- Work with Director to provide recommendations and insight into the DPG program’s policies, processes and goals.
- Lead DPG volunteer leaders to achieve their responsibilities, including but not limited to, election/nominations processes, educational program development, newsletter publications, eblast communications, workshops etc.
- Work with varying cultures, demographics and areas of practice.
- Collaborate with internal staff on programming and alignment of projects with Academy's Strategic Plan.
- Authors and coordinates various publications.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- 2-3 years of relevant job experience required. Ideal candidate will have experience working with association, non-profit or volunteer groups. Experience with chapters or special interests is beneficial.
- A "member first" approach, good listening skills and the ability to manage and complete tasks.
- A background in healthcare, food or nutrition is advantageous but not required.
- Strong communication, volunteer and project management skills are necessary.
- Some travel required.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy's office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.