The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics are seeking a full-time Executive Director, Credentialing and Dietetic Registration to join our organization in spring 2020. This individual will be responsible for: directing, planning, development and effective implementation of all functions of CDR, including identifying, developing, implementing and evaluating CDR policies and procedures, serving as a resource to other Academy organization units and public stakeholders on nutrition and dietetics credentialing and registration questions and issues; providing oversight of CDR financial and human resources; planning and directing services to address credentialing and registration issues. This position serves as Chief Staff Officer for the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
The Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) protects and promotes the health of the public by supporting practitioner competence, quality practice, lifelong learning and career advancement. CDR administers valid, reliable, and rigorous credentialing processes to protect the public and meet the needs of CDR credentialed practitioners, employers and consumers.
CDR awards credentials to individuals at entry- specialist and advance practice levels who have met CDR's standards for competency to practice in the dietetics profession, including successful completion of its national certification examination and recertification by continuing professional education or examination.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) is the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals with more than 100,000 credentialed practitioners — registered dietitian nutritionists (RDN), nutrition and dietetics technicians, registered (NDTR), and other dietetics professionals holding undergraduate and advanced degrees in nutrition and dietetics, and students — and is committed to improving the nation's health and advancing the profession of nutrition and dietetics through research, education and advocacy.
- Direct Office on Dietetic Credentialing and CDR: identifies plans, develops, implements and evaluates policies and procedures for CDR.
- Prepares and administers CDR budget; monitors CDR finances and reserve funds
- Identifies, plans, develops, implements and evaluate projects, products, services and program of work for CDR and Office
- Participates in CDR and Academy strategic and long-range planning.
- Develops Requests for Proposals, prepares and negotiates contracts, monitors and evaluates performance of contractors
- Identifies, monitors and analyzes credentialing, recertification and competency assessment/assurance trends and legislation; assesses impact and determines action plans
- Acts as CDR communications liaison to Academy organization units and external organizations; plans and develops reports, newsletters, brochures, fact sheets for CDR policies; assesses communication needs and develops tactics to correct
- Acts as CDR delegate to National Commission for Certifying Agencies and Institute for Credentialing Excellence(ICE)
- Directs provision of services and information to state licensure links and state licensure boards
- Masters’ degree
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) credential preferred
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience required in non profit management, business, dietetics, credentialing/registration
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to team efforts, including supervision of staff, and to work collaboratively with stakeholders within and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and simultaneously direct multiple projects and budgets
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and creatively solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Experience with and understanding of how organizational boards and committees function
- Proficiency in technology use and applications
- Availability for weekend meetings, when needed and approximately 15% travel time for certification related activities
Review of applications will begin March 1, 2020 and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are asked to attach the following to the online application: Letter of interest that highlights reason for interest in the position and relevant credentialing/registration and leadership experience, vita and names and contact information for three references.
The position, housed in a friendly and professional team-based work environment, offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING! The headquarters office in Chicago is conveniently located near public transportation. Telecommuting option is available.
CDR and the Academy are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.