The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, is seeking a full-time Donor Database Manager to work within our high energy Foundation group. The Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of the Academy and is the only charitable organization devoted exclusively to promoting nutrition and dietetics.
The Donor Database Manager will be responsible for managing the Foundation’s donor databases (Raiser’s Edge and NetForum) and reporting. This position will manage all donor prospect research, including the identification of prospects and provide website support. The manager will work closely with the Academy's Accounting Department to reconcile gifts and funds, assist with prospect/donor, committee and board research and provide website support. This position requires the ability to research other charitable organizations and the identification of best practices.
- Maintain Raiser's Edge fundraising database, analyzing donor trends and appeal results and running reports.
- Act as the main point of contact with the Academy Accounting and Information Technology Departments. The Manager will be responsible for reconciling monthly financials and ongoing technology issues with Raiser's Edge and NetForum to ensure continuity.
- Assists with internal and external prospects, donor research and compiles donor profile reports.
- Keeps current on annual donor trends and provides analysis on how they compare to other charitable organizations experience and best practices.
- Prepare Board and Committee meeting research, materials prep, etc.
- Track donor recognition and develop fulfillment reports as needed.
- Provide back end website support, uploading and managing content.
- Bachelor's Degree required, ideally in database management or non-profit management.
- Blackbaud Certification recommended, not required.
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience, ideally as a Database Manager/Coordinator or Annual Fund Assistant.
- Short and long-term project management skills are required.
- Excellent reasoning and judgment abilities. The ideal candidate is a team player who can multitask while possessing a sharp attention to detail.
- Raiser's Edge experience required.
- Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, NetForum Fundraising Tools, PowerPoint and Word proficiency is vital.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy's office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.