The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals, is seeking a Part-Time Administrative Assistant to work in our Strategic Communications group. This position is responsible for providing administrative support for the Academy’s Strategic Communications team. This position reports to the Chief Communications Officer.
- Provides administrative support for all Academy Strategic Communications activities.
- Codes, scans, submits files and tracks contracts, purchase orders and invoices.
- Manages the mailings, travel, meetings and schedules for Academy media spokespersons throughout the year.
- Coordinates the distribution of press releases and other mailings.
- Provides support for various department projects as needed.
- Must have completed high school.
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience required.
- Excellent communication skills, strong customer service orientation, technical skills and demonstrated problem solving skills are prerequisites of this position. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is key.
- Being resourceful and creative while maintaining a professional and polished demeanor is key to the position.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft products, Excel and online activities.
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy's office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.