The Accreditation Council for Nutrition and Dietetics, the accrediting agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our organization. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the ACEND® team.
- Provide accounting support tasks, such as invoicing programs, responding to registration and invoice questions, monitoring payments and preparing check requests
- Receive and process documents
- Prepare letters, boilerplate communications, electronic mailings and electronic filing
- Proofread documents and prepare correspondence as needed
- Answer and route phone calls
- Answer student career questions regarding nutrition and dietetics education
- Develop and update templates, forms or procedures, and run reports and other data processing tasks, as needed
- Use various software programs to develop, store and track activities and documents
- Provide support for various team projects
Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, use of databases and other software a must! Must be able to work with minimal supervision and handle multiple tasks with an attention to detail. Two-year college degree with a minimum of one-year related work experience is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
ACEND® promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, ACEND®'s office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks. Telecommuting option may be available after a three-month orientation period.
ACEND® is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.