Structure for Research Activities at the Academy
The Research, International and Scientific Affairs strategic plan lays out a roadmap for advancing the profession by supporting and encouraging nutrition and dietetics research and providing innovative resources that empower practitioners to implement evidence-based practice.
The Academy supports research and evidence-based practice by:
- Providing tools, resources and other support to organizations, individuals, members and staff who design or conduct practice-based nutrition and dietetics research
- Recruiting nutrition and dietetics professionals from diverse backgrounds, experience and perspectives to engage in research activities and collect outcomes data
- Disseminating practice-based nutrition and dietetics research results to professionals and the public through a variety of media, including peer-reviewed publications, in-person presentations and online resources
- Promoting best practices for data collection to ensure that electronic data can be applied to a variety of research settings
- Collaborating and communicating with stakeholders.
The Academy's many research-related activities are coordinated by the Council on Research, which includes representatives from the Evidence-Based Practice Committee, the Dietetics Practice Based Research Network Oversight Committee and the Nutrition Care Process and Terminology Committee.
The Council on Research was formed in 2014 to coordinate communication and align the Academy’s research efforts. Read More