The Dietetics Practice-Based Research Network, or DPBRN, is a network of registered dietitian nutritionists who are members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and participate in practice-based research. DPBRN provides and research education resources and opportunities to participate in research.
What is the DPBRN?
- DPBRN is a network of registered dietitian nutritionists who are interested in practice-based research.
- DPBRN is managed by an Oversight Committee made up of dietetics practitioners and researchers from a variety of practice settings. The Oversight Committee is a joint HOD/BOD committee appointed annually.
- Network staff work with the Oversight Committee to determine the research goals of the group and to plan projects. The chair of the DPBRN Oversight Committee also sits on the Council on Research.
- DPBRN seeks to bring dietetic practitioners and researchers together to answer research questions important to practitioners.
- DPBRN conducts, supports, promotes and advocates research in practice-based settings.
- The DPBRN consists of clinicians, practitioners, researchers and students in a variety of settings and specialties committed to improving patient and client outcomes through practice-based research.
- DPBRN membership is open and free to all Academy members.
What are the goals of the DPBRN?
- DPBRN works to answer questions of importance to dietetic practice that promote the nutritional health of all peoples.
- Advocate for policies, strategies and funding that promote evidence-based practice research projects.
- Share a common goal of developing evidence-based research outcomes to enhance the nutritional care provided in their practice.
- Network together to engage in evidence-based research projects and share research outcomes with dietetic practitioners.
- DPBRN advances the practice of dietetics as a profession and enhances the research skills of individuals.
- Provide opportunities for members to enhance their research skills through participation in network activities.
- Collaborate with other practice-based research networks, research funders, the Evidence Analysis Library and Nutrition Care Process teams and committees to support research endeavors.
- Actively seek input from Affiliates, DPGs, the Academy D.C. office, and other stakeholders regarding gaps in research that would promote the field of dietetics and nutrition care of patients.
- DPBRN promotes the importance and value of practice-based research.
- Infrastructure is designed to provide ongoing support for current and proposed practice-based research projects, as well as promoting the dissemination of network research. DPBRN links practicing clinicians with investigators experienced in clinical and health services research.
- Allow the practitioner to ask the question and an experienced research team to help design and manage the study.
Join the DPBRN
Since 2002 DPBRN has been empowering and facilitating dietitians in the practice-based research process. Read More
Find resources on how to carry out your own research project. Read More
The DPBRN is a network of dietetics professionals and students with varying specialties and areas of expertise who are interested in studying and improving patient care. Read More
The DPBRN has three different pathways for submitting practice or worksite questions and working with the network. Read More
Get the information you need to become more involved with the DPBRN or to find more resources on how to carry out your own research project. Read More