The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is the best source of accurate, credible and timely food and nutrition information for the public and media. The Academy's volunteer media spokespeople are available as resources for expert commentary, story ideas and background on food and nutrition topics.
Resource for Consumers
How can people determine fact from fiction when searching online for health information? The Academy is here to help with a user-friendly website, which contains a wealth of science-based information and advice for the public on eating well and optimizing health.
Features of the public section of the site include:
- Tips on helping reduce childhood obesity.
- Information on nutrition throughout the lifecycle, from infancy through senior years.
- Advice for achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.
- Information on prevention and management of diseases including diabetes, cancer and celiac disease.
- What to do if you have food allergies or intolerances.
- Important information on purchasing, preparing and serving the safest possible food.
- Timely features and the latest food and nutrition information and trends.
- Videos highlighting all aspects of the dietetics profession.
- A searchable database of registered dietitian nutritionists throughout the United States.
Designed to be particularly valuable to journalists, Academy media resources include news releases, press kits, photos and other media materials including:
- Complete texts of Academy position papers with audio summaries of newer papers.
- Press materials for National Nutrition Month® and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day.
- Press information for the Academy's annual Food & Nutrition Conference & ExpoTM.
- Video library of Academy's public service announcements and consumer videos.
- Surveys of consumer attitudes and trends on food and nutrition.
- Ability to sign up to receive media alerts and releases from the Academy.