National Honors and Awards
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics honors individuals who have advanced the dietetics profession, have exhibited leadership, and have shown devotion to serving others in both dietetics and allied fields. These honors recognize outstanding food and nutrition practitioners and supporters of the profession.
Use the following guidelines when submitting a nomination:
- Prepare the nomination to ensure that the candidate meets all of the appropriate award criteria.
- Review the list of previous award recipients to identify the attributes and contributions demonstrated to make them award recipients.
- Taking into account the award criteria, make sure your nomination presents clear and specific responses as to why the candidate is being nominated.
- Solicit letters of support from individuals who are relatively senior and well known in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and/or profession.
- Provide individuals offering to write letters of support with the associated award description and criteria to assist them in framing their letters.
- Ensure that letters of support and/or print materials accurately describe the candidate’s leadership, contributions, impact and achievements for the associated award.
- When applicable, choose supporting materials that identify the candidate's contributions directly relevant to the award qualifications.
Submit Nominations Online
Tips and Resources
The Honors Committee needs your assistance in identifying members who have provided significant contributions to the dietetics profession. Read More
The following are the Academy's national awards and feature the specific qualifications needed with the associated scoring criteria. Read More
The Trailblazer Award recognizes exceptional leaders who have advanced the science at the nexus of nutrition dietetics and food science for at least five years. Read More
Whether you are seeking nomination or looking to nominate a colleague dedicated to the profession, these 10 tips can help create nomination success. Read More
Presented to an individual reporter, publication or program for consistent, high-quality nutrition reporting. Read More
This award honors Academy members who have shown dedication to the high standards of the dietetics profession. Read More
The Copher Award, the Academy's highest honor, is awarded to a member who has contributed through extensive, active participation and service at all levels of the Academy. Read More
This award honors an Academy member who has been recognized as a notable and inspiring speaker. Read More
An honorary membership is awarded to up to two non-members every year based on their professional knowledge, technical expertise and promotion of the Academy's mission, vision and values. Read More
These awards are meant to recognize outstanding registered dietitians and dietetic technicians, registered, who have demonstrated innovation, creativity and leadership in a specific area of practice. Read More
This award may be given to an organization or individual who has made a major contribution to the nutrition education of the public on a national or international basis. Read More
Featured here are the past presentations of Lenna Frances Cooper Memorial Lecture Award winners. Read More