Virtual Town Hall Meetings
ACEND® hosts a conference call the second Thursday of each month at 1 p.m. (Central Time) to answer your questions about our work. All stakeholders are invited to participate.
The town hall discussions will be held through the Cisco WebEx Meeting Center Application Software. If you are logging into a WebEx meeting for the first time, please read the following instructions to set up WebEx on your computer. (A PDF of the instructions is also available.)
Joining the ACEND® Virtual Town Hall
- Launch the town hall website.
- Enter your name and email address.
- When prompted for preferred audio connection, choose "Call Me" and enter your phone number (area code and number) – the system will then place a call to your phone number and when you answer you will be given directions to connect to the audio portion of the meeting. The visual portion will be on your computer screen.
- If you are unable to connect with the "Call Me" feature, click the "I Will Call In" option, dial the conference call number given and then enter the conference code when prompted. Once you have been connected, go to the Meeting Info tab (upper left) and enter the attendee ID information on your phone keypad (do not hang up) to synch your phone with your name on the WebEx participant list.
Via Phone Only
- Dial 1-866-477-4564
- Enter the Conference Code 627 578 1896 followed by #
Navigating in WebEx during the Virtual Town Hall
- Participants List: The list of those participating in the virtual town hall should show on the right hand side of your screen. If it does not, click on the Participant icon on the upper right side of your screen to open the list of participants' box.
- Chat: The system has a chat feature that allows you to send a text message to the presenter. The Chat box should appear on the lower right hand side of your screen. If it does not, click on the Chat icon on the upper right side of your screen to show the chat box. To send a text message, select presenter as the person to send the message to, type in your message and click on Send to send the message.
- Raise Hand: ACEND® will use the raise hand feature to facilitate discussion and reduce multiple people trying to talk at once. If you want to ask a question, join the discussion or offer a comment, click on the hand icon that appears at the bottom of the participant list box. Having your hand activated (“raised”) will alert the presider to call on you. When you have finished speaking, click on the hand icon again to lower your hand.
- Mute Your Phone: You can mute your phone while you are listening and not speaking by clicking on the microphone that shows up to the right of your name. When the microphone icon displays in red and has a black line through it, your phone is on mute. To unmute your phone, click on the red microphone and your phone line will be unmuted and you will be heard by others on the call.
- End the WebEx Session: To end your WebEx session, click on the X in the upper right hand corner of the WebEx screen to close the WebEx connection and hang up your phone to end the call.
Instructions for WebEx Set Up
When logging into a WebEx meeting for the first time, you will be prompted to update any applications on your computer, if necessary. If you have not already installed the Cisco WebEx Meeting Center Application Software, you will be prompted to install it. When downloading the application, “select always run on this site.” If you are using an iPad, you will be prompted to download the Cisco WebEx Meetings App which is available in the App Store.
If the system does not prompt you to download the Meeting Center Application Software, please use the links below:
- Meeting Center Application: To start or join a meeting you will need to download, install, and configure the WebEx Meeting Center application. The first time you join or start a meeting, the Meeting Center application will automatically be prompted to install; however, you can also manually download and install it.
- Note: If you are not using a home computer, you may need administrator privileges on your computer to use this installer.
Download the installer for your operating system:
We suggest that you use the latest versions of your internet browser, whether it is Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you are using Internet Explorer, version 9 or 10 is recommended as the earlier versions are only partially supported which may cause you to experience some issue when logging into a meeting.
If you are prompted to install a plugin, please do so and follow the prompts for the meeting setup. This should only occur the first time you attempt to attend a WebEx meeting.
Note: if you are using a MAC, you may experience an issue with joining a meeting. If so, follow these steps to update your computer.