The Women's Health DPG focuses on Nutrition professionals working to optimize women's health at all ages and stages throughout the lifespan, including preconception, prenatal, postpartum, lactation and menopause.
Mission: Empowering members to be the most valued source of nutrition expertise in women's health throughout the lifespan.
Vision: Optimizing the future of women's health at all ages.
- Chair: Catherine Sullivan, MPH, RD, LDN, IBCLC, RLC
- Chair-elect: Katie Leahy, MS, RD, LD
- Past Chair & Secretary: Heather Goesch, MPH, RD, LDN
- Treasurer: Dawn Ballosingh, MPA, RD, LMNT
- A quarterly electronic newsletter, Women's Health Report
- Member-only communication forum conveniently located on the WH DPG website (www.womenshealthdpg.org)
- Continuing professional education through WH-sponsored webinars, and sessions at the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®)
- Social Media: View the WH DPG professional presence on Facebook and Twitter.
- Member awards
- Member-only Marketplace on the Women's Health DPG website
Newsletter, Awards and other Unique DPG Features
The WH DPG is proud to offer three awards, the Excellence in Practice in Women's Health, the Emerging Professional in Women's Health and the Outstanding Student in Women's Health. Each year the WH DPG Awards Committee broadly solicits nominees from the membership, and honors awardees at FNCE®, in the newsletter and through social media.Academy Positions
WH DPG members have also been involved in the development of the following Academy position papers:
- Promoting and Supporting Breastfeeding – position and practice papers
- Nutrition and Lifestyle for a Healthy Pregnancy Outcome
- Obesity, Reproduction and Pregnancy Outcomes
Networking, Business Meetings, Continuing Professional Education Events, Receptions
- WH participation in the FNCE® DPG Showcase
- Visit the WH DPG website for other FNCE® related activities
- Sex and Gender Women's Health Collaborative
- United States Breastfeeding Committee
For more information about the Women's Health DPG, contact [email protected].