Mission: Empowering members to be the food and nutrition leaders in weight management and lifestyle change.
Vision: Optimizing healthy weight through food and nutrition.
Officers and Executive Committee Members
- Chair: Eileen Myers, MPH, RD, LDN, FADA
- Chair-Elect: Eileen Ford, MS, RD
- Past Chair: Kris Clark, PhD, RDN, FACSM
- Secretary: Samantha Weiss, MPH, RD
- Treasurer: Kristen Smith, RD, LD
- Nominating Committee Director: Anne Mathews, PhD, RD
- Member Services Director: Melissa Page, MS, RD, LDN
- Communications Director: Ashley Mullins, RD, CNSC
- Newsletter Editor: Emily M. Stern, MS, RD, LDN
- Website Editor: Taylor Haeffele, RD
- Professional Development Director: Catherine M. Champagne, PhD, RDN, LDN, FADA, FAND, FTOS
- Sponsor Relations Director: Meghan Ariagno, RD, LDN
- House of Delegates Representative: Julie Schwartz, MS, RD, CSSD, LD
- Research Director: Hollie Raynor, Ph.D., RDN, LDN
- Coaching and Wellness Subunit Director: Lynn Grieger, RD, CDE, CPT
- Bariatric Subunit Director: Laura Andromalos, MS, RD, LDN
- Pediatric Weight Management Director: Emily Craft, RD, CSP, LD
- Professional and Consumer Resource Director: Angie Hasemann, MPH, RDN, CSP
- Policy and Public Advocacy Leader: Betsy Anderson Steeves, PhD, RD
- Network Director: Kellene A. Isom, MS, RD, LDN
Over 68 percent of Americans are overweight or obese. Obesity is a chronic disease, which can impact other disease states such as diabetes, coronary artery disease and cancer. Members of many areas of practice are impacted by this epidemic. For example, the area of community health is significantly impacted by obesity where it is defined as a major public health problem. This group focuses exclusively on the science and application of weight management prevention and treatment for all ages. This group links the public, organizations, and industry to dietetic professionals with an expertise in weight management.
Weight Management DPG Benefits
- Cutting edge, quarterly Weight Management Matters newsletter offering four CPE articles per year.
- Continuing professional education (CPE) opportunities, including an annual symposium webinars.
- Online WM DPG CPEU Assessment Center for one-stop acquisition of WM-related CPEUs.
- Annual symposium on cutting-edge weight management topics offering 16+ CPEU.
- Updated, informative, and resource-packed website.
- Bi-weekly WM e-Updates e-mails highlighting current events and weight management-related news along with social media communications with Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Bariatric Surgery and Pediatric Weight Management Subunits with Yahoo Electronic Mailing Lists, updated research and more.
- Numerous awards and travel stipends for members to attend professional development meetings, such as PPW, FNCE®, TOS, ASMBS, the CDR Weight Management Certificate Program and the annual WM DPG symposium.
- Weight Management-related research updates.
- FNCE® activities, including member networking events and sponsored educational programs.
- Opportunities for leadership and professional growth.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Weight Management DPG or need additional information, please contact Melissa Page.