Membership consists of persons employed in child nutrition programs at the local, state and national levels; researchers and educators; corporate dietitians supplying products or services to school foodservice operations; consultants in school nutrition and wellness; and anyone interested in creating healthier school environments.
Mission: Empower SNS DPG members to be recognized as the nation's experts in school nutrition.
Vision: Optimize the health of the nation's children through school meals and education.
- Chair: Bobbie Guyette, MPH, RD, LDN
- Chair Elect: Cindy K. Culver, MS, RDN, LD
- Past Chair: Julie Skolmowski, MPH, RD, SNS
- Secretary: Jessica A. Visinsky, MBA, MS, RD
- Treasurer: Kate Hoy, MFN, RD, CDN
- HOD Representative: Diane Duncan-Goldsmith, MS, RD, LD
- Nominating Committee Chair: Susan Thompson, MS, RDN, LDN
- Newsletter Editor: Laura Thomas, MEd, RD, LD, FAND
- Electronic Media Chair: Luanne Hughes, MS, RD
- Awards/Scholarship Chair: Carol Longley, PhD, RD, LD
- Education Chair: Meghan Gibbons, MBA, RD, LDN, SNS
- Policy and Advocacy Leader: Linette Dodson, PhD, RD, LD, SNS
- Dietary Guidance for Children
- Child and Adolescent Food and Nutrition Programs
- Dietary Guidance for Healthy Children Aged 2 to 11 Years
- Local Support for Nutrition Integrity in Schools
- School Wellness Policies
Awards, Grants, Scholarship and Stipends
- The Frances Carr Parker Endowment
- Scholarship Award to support graduate studies to enhance job skills relating to the practice of school nutrition
- Endowment Grant to provide support for an Academy-approved internship with a school nutrition emphasis
- Award of Excellence in School Nutrition Services
School Nutrition Association
Networking, Continuing Professional Education Events, Receptions, and Member Communication
The SNS DPG holds a member awards reception and networking event at FNCE®, as well as a breakfast, which includes an educational presentation, at the Annual National Conference of the School Nutrition Association. CPEU opportunities are planned for the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™ (FNCE®), ANC, and quarterly webinars. SNS DPG members can connect with each other via the SNS DPG LinkedIn Group and on Facebook. Members also receive periodic eblasts alerting members to important information and issues impacting school nutrition professionals. Leadership opportunities available by volunteering to serve on the executive committee or running for one of the elected officer positions.