Renal Dietitians members provide medical nutrition therapy in dialysis facilities, clinics, hospitals, university settings, industry, consultative services and private practice. Through their direction and leadership, members strive to advance the nephrology nutrition clinical practice, education and research while promoting continuing education programs for dietitians and other health-care professionals. RPG strives to be on the forefront of legislative and policy initiatives affecting the nephrology community.
Mission: Empowering members to be the nation's leaders in nephrology nutrition.
Vision: RPG members are the valued source of expertise in nephrology nutrition.
- Chair: AnnaMarie Rodriguez, RDN, LD
- Chair-elect: Sara Erickson, RD, CSR, LDN
- Treasurer: Sandra Daws, RDN, LD
- Secretary: Rose Johnson, RD, LRD
- Nominating Committee Chair: Judith Heath, MS, RD, LD, FAND
- HOD Member: Mary Kay Hensley, MS, RD, CSR
Membership Benefit Highlights
- Dynamic & Resourceful RPG website
- Members-Only Access on RPG website that has current and useful professional and patient resources
- Renal Nutrition Forum (RNF), a Peer-Reviewed Clinical Publication, is published 4 issues per membership year
- Every issue of the RNF offers CPE credits for members with a minimum of 8 CPEUs per year; usually 8-12 CPEU's!
- CPEU quizzes offered online via the My CPEU link on the RPG website
- Every issue of the RNF offers a new patient education handout available in print as a copy ready handout and as a downloadable version on the RPG website
- Electronic Searchable Database for RNF Current & Archived Issues
- Online Professional Resource Center (E-Library) that has current and informative resources available to reserve online for refundable deposit
- E-store offers CPEU approved webinars, patient education and RNF reprints for purchase
- Online calendar of meetings, conferences and additional CPEU offerings
RPG Peer-Reviewed Publication
The Renal Nutrition Forum is the quarterly peer-reviewed clinical publication available to RPG members. The RNF issues have both a clinical and research focus. This invaluable practice oriented publication contains clinical articles on the latest topics in chronic kidney disease, regular contributions on relevant clinical practice issues, education practice tips, electronic media updates for apps, list of recently published articles and so much more!
Subscription rates for the Forum are $35 per year for individuals who are non-eligible for Academy membership and $50 for hospital libraries/institutions. Exciting advertising opportunities are also available for print, electronic media and the RPG website.
To subscribe, a check or money order should be made payable to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/DPG #21: Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patient Education Offered through Renal Dietitians
Patient Education handouts available to members on the website via the Patient Handouts tab on the RPG website.
Dish Up a Kidney Friendly Meal by the Renal Dietitians Dietetic Practice Group
This colorful placemat-sized handout is the perfect tool to help counsel patients with chronic kidney disease (not on dialysis) on proper nutrition.
Eating Simply with Renal Disease Brochures in English & Spanish as downloadable versions are being updated so stay tuned!
Professional Education Offered through Renal Dietitians
Recorded webinars available for purchase on relevant clinical and practice topics.
Webinars that are beneficial for exam preparation of the Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition (CSR) as well as topics to remain current in your nephrology clinical practice.Members Only Awards and Scholarships/ Stipends
- Outstanding Service Award
- Renal Dietitians DPG Research Scholarships
- Renal Dietitians DPG Conference/Meeting Stipends
Networking, Continuing Professional Education Live Events
- FNCE® Annual RPG Spotlight Session on the latest topics related to the profession
- FNCE® Annual RPG Member Event
- FNCE® Annual DPG/MIG Showcase
For more information, please submit inquiries to email@example.com.