PNPG is dedicated to promoting nutritional well-being as part of a healthy lifestyle for all infants, children and adolescents through education, research and service by qualified dietetic professionals. PNPG's website has current news, a forum for questions and sharing, a student section, archived newsletters and CPE exams, as well as a wealth of other information.
Mission: Leading the future of pediatric nutrition through education, research, service, and policy/advocacy.
Vision: PNPG members are leaders in promoting optimal nutritional health of infants, children, and adolescents.
- Chair: Monica Nagle, BS, RD, RDN-AP, LDN
- Chair-Elect: Patricia Becker, MS, RDN, CSP CNSC
- Treasurer: Peggy Oomens, MS, RD, CNSC
- Secretary: Jennifer Thorpe, MBA, RD, LDN, FAND
- Past Chair: Michell Fullmer, RD, CSP, CN
- Nominating Committee Chair: Dana Vieselmeyer, MPH, RDN
- HOD Delegate: Stephanie Howard, MPH, RDN, LD, IBCLC
- Communications and Marketing Chair: Amy Gelfand, MS, RD, CDN, CNSC
- Website Monitor: Julia Driggers, RD, CNSC, LDN
- Member Support Chair: Danielle Fatemi, MS, RD, LD
- Professional Development Chair: Nikki Sanner, RD, CSP
- Building Block for Life Editor: Toni Pert, MS, RD, CSP, LDN
- Grants and Awards Committee Chair: Beth Jiminez, PhD, MS, RD
- Publications Chair: Kayla Bridges, MS, RD, AP, CSP, CNSC, FAND
- Public Policy Chair: Marti Toner, MS, RD, LD
- PAL: Jessica Lowe, MPH, RD, CSP
- Administrative Assistant: Terry McBride
Six specialty groups have been set up to support collaboration and sharing of information and expertise among PNPG members. Each SG has a chair and co-chair. The SGs include:
- Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Diabetes, Wellness and Weight Management
- Eating Disorders, Adolescents
- Failure to Thrive, Gastroenterology, Food Allergy
- Infant Nutrition, Breast Feeding and Neonatology
- Nutrition Support Services
PNPG members may join as many SGs as they want at no additional cost via the DPG website.
Newsletter Name and Unique Features
Building Block for Life is a quarterly newsletter publication which provides peer-reviewed articles focusing on child or adolescent nutrition-related themes. Two issues per year offer CPE credits. For information, contact Editor Toni Pert.
The PNPG Electronic Communications and Marketing Chair Amy Gelfand leads the effort to keep members up-to-date on continuing education opportunities, legislative issues, publications, job opportunities and other communications regarding various PNPG activities and member benefits.
Publications Offered Through the Academy
- Infant Feedings: Guidelines for Preparation of Human Milk and Formula in Health Care Facilities, 2nd ed.
- Nutrition Care Process in Pediatric Practice
- Pediatric Nutrition Care Manual (available online)
- Pocket Guide to Children with Special Health Care and Nutritional Needs
- Pocket Guide to Neonatal Nutrition
To order by credit card or to receive an Academy Catalog of Products and Services, contact Academy Customer Service, 800/877-1600, ext. 5000, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (Central), or order at eatrightSTORE.
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
- Published Research Award (for PNPG members only)
- Outstanding Member of the Year (for PNPG members only)
- Research Grant Award (for PNPG members only)
- Creative Nutrition Education Award (for PNPG members only)
- Glenda Bible Memorial Scholarship — (Application through Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation)
- Dietetic Internship/Pre-Professional Scholarship (for PNPG members only)
For more information, visit the PNPG website for application information.
Networking, Business Meetings, Continuing Professional Education Events, Receptions
- PNPG will be sponsoring webinars for continuing professional education this year.
- PNPG members are encouraged to attend our annual breakfast and business meeting at FNCE®, as well as our member reception. These are opportunities for members to network, meet award recipients, and learn more about activities in which PNPG is currently involved.
Enhancement and Promotion of the Academy's Strategic Initiatives and Campaigns
Many of the above mentioned products, services and events support the Academy's Strategic Initiatives. Technical assistance is provided to industry in the development of materials for dietetics professionals. DPG brochures are available for PNPG events. Ad-hoc committees are formed to address current issues, like NICU RD recognition, infant feeding and formula preparation, and malnutrition in the NICU setting.
PNPG provides technical expertise related to proposed federal legislation, regulations and public policy.