The Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group is an active and engaging networking group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The DPG is home to a passionate group of dietitian nutritionists who are authors, coaches, speakers, media consultants, and those who work in corporate health and private practice. The group has dietetic field veterans, incoming dietitians and second career dietitians. It is also home to many students seeking experience in entrepreneurial endeavors as future dietitians. Members of NEDPG can build and maintain a successful nutrition related business and achieve professional and financial excellence with the supportive and innovative tools that the DPG offers such as a business tool kit, technology and social media tools, cutting edge newsletters, at least 10 free webinars annually, and access to mentors.
Mission: Inspiring and cultivating entrepreneurs through a community dedicated to supporting infinite success.
Vision: Empowering nutrition visionaries.
- Chair: Rosanne Rust, MS, RDN, LDN
- Chair-elect: Elana Natker, MS
- Past Chair: Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
- Secretary: Maria McConville, MS, RD, CWC
- Treasurer: Patti Landers, PhD, RDN, LD, FAND
- Newsletter Editor: Rachael Hartley, RD, LD, CDE, CLT
- Associate Newsletter Editor: Julie Harrington, RD
- Website Coordinator: Jennifer Watson, MS, RD
- DPG Delegate: Jenna Bell, PhD
- Policy Advocacy Leader: Jenna Bell, PhD
- Chair: Sarah Koszyk, MA, RDN
- Member: Minh Nguyen, MS, RD
- Member: Adrien Paczosa, RD, LD, CEDRD
- Member: Amanda Sauceda, MS, RD
- Lauri Egan, RDN, LD, CPT
- Free quarterly newsletter, Ventures, and a special fifth "Membership" Edition: Each themed issue provides inspirational, practical and unique information for nutrition entrepreneurs about business issues including coaching, financial planning, media, business plans and more.
- Up to 10 free webinars per year. Attending three webinars more than pays for membership. Access to past webinar recordings.
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs DPG mini-meetings around the country to provide the opportunity for entrepreneurs to network, obtain advice and socialize with NE colleagues.
- Nine electronic mailing lists where members can exchange information, ideas and opinions via discussion emails.
- Advertising on NEDPG's website to promote the entrepreneurs' products and services.
- Free live webinars and teleconferences with recordings, including CEUs free to all members.
- Social media connections via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn with monthly Twitter chats on business and branding topics.
- Free access to NEDPG's toolkit which offers a comprehensive compilation of articles, how-tos and details on how to improve various aspects of your brand and business.
- Mentoring program and mastermind groups.
- Networking events at the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo™. Members get $10 off Registration Fee.
- Opportunity to apply for the NE Outstanding Nutrition Entrepreneur of the Year Award and NE Professional Development Dietetics Student Award.
- Seven Specialty Groups, allowing you to focus your time and energy on your niche.
- Professional skills, leadership ability, and networking through volunteer opportunities.
Communicating through newsletter articles, electronic mailing lists, conference calls, and an annual meeting at FNCE®.
- Authors: Shares information and provides guidance to their peers and aspiring authors. Through email communication, authors have easy access to mentors who can help them write and promote their books and enhance their writing careers.
- Coaches: Provides a forum for NE members to remain state of the art in the issues relevant to the RD as Coach.
- Corporate Wellness: Provides support and networking to NE members with a focus or interest in providing wellness and MNT directly to employees with services reimbursed by corporate endorsement.
- Private Practice: Provides NE members with support and networking for those interested or already practicing as nutrition therapists.
- Second Career Dietitian: Provides support and networking opportunities for NE members who are Second Career Dietitians or who provide mentoring or other services in support of Second Career Dietitians. Second Career Dietitians are RDNs who have returned to school to become an RDN after a previous career in another field such as IT consulting, teaching, corporate management, sales, entrepreneurship, nursing, etc. Second Career Dietitians also include second career students who are in the process of making the transition into dietetics as well as RDNs who may have been RDs early in their career, who then left to pursue a career in another field, and have now returned to the dietetics profession.
- Speakers and Media: Shares their experiences and helps members improve their speaking and marketing skills.
- Technology & Social Media: Assists NE members with an interest in increasing their presence on the Internet. This might include using the web to generate business to improve client communication, blogging, social media, the use of "apps" for our work, or involvement in commercial web sites to improve the quality and accuracy of information communicated.