Mission: Empower MNPG members to be the recognized leaders who provide exemplary nutrition care.
Vision: Optimize the nation's health through state-of-the-art medical nutrition care.
Serving and meeting the needs of our members who provide state of the art medical nutrition therapy to the public. Benefits include:
- A quarterly newsletter, Medical Nutrition Matters
- Innovative website
- Four sub-units
- Dietitians in Gluten Intolerance Disease
- Dietitians in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Infectious Disease Nutrition
- Cystic Fibrosis Nutrition
- Questions? Please contact [email protected]
- Five active electronic mailing lists (join)
- Networking opportunities
- Resources including reproducible patient education handouts available to members on our website.
- Continuing Professional Education Opportunities
Newsletter Name and Unique Features
- Medical Nutrition Matters, published quarterly, focuses on providing state of the art medical nutrition therapy resources. Previous issues of the newsletter are available. Free CPEU credits for MNPG members for reading articles in Medical Nutrition Matters.
- For non-MNPG subscription information, contact Deborah Girvin, MBA, RD: $50 for non-Academy eligible individuals and $100 for institutions per year.
Evidence Based Practice Tools
- MNPG contributed to the Evidence Analysis Library Project on Celiac Disease which includes Nutrition Practice Guidelines for People with Celiac Disease
- DPM&R contributed to the Evidence Analysis Library Project on Spinal Cord Injury, which includes Nutrition Practice Guidelines for People with Spinal Cord Injuries.
- IND contributed to the Evidence Analysis Library Project on HIV.
Networking, Business Meetings, Continuing Professional Education Events, Receptions
- MNPG will be sponsoring webinars for continuing education this year.
- MNPG members are encouraged to attend our annual events at FNCE. These are great networking opportunities as well as a chance to learn more about MNPG activities.
- DPG Showcase
- FNCE Reception
We are continually seeking chair and committee volunteers, articles for our newsletter, and assistance with special projects. To get involved with this dynamic group of professionals, contact Mary K. Sharrett for more information.