Food and Culinary Professionals is a dietetic practice group founded in 1997 to develop and strengthen food expertise throughout the profession of dietetics.
Our dynamic membership consists of culinary educators, food writers, cookbook authors, chefs, marketing professionals, PR executives, food scientists, media reporters and anyone who loves food!
- FCP is the lead organization within the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the Academy Foundation to advance culinary initiatives/issues
- The public trusts and relies on registered dietitians as food, culinary and nutrition experts
- Members & prospective members view FCP as key to professional success
- FCP's Executive Committee manages the practice group resources to carry out its mission, vision and program of work
- We inspire Americans to experience health through the enjoyment of food
Mission: Empower members to be the nation's food, culinary and nutrition leaders.
Vision: Optimizing the nation's health through food and nutrition.
- Chair: Sheila Weiss, RDN, FAND
- Chair-elect: Kimberly Kirchherr, RDN, LDN, FAND
- Treasurer: Lorrie Breen, MS, RD, LD
- Secretary: Caroline Margolis, RD
- Past Chair: Judy Barbe, MS
- Nominating Committee Chair: Jessica Cox, RD
Newsletter Name and Unique Features
- Tastings is the quarterly online newsletter with a food and culinary focus. Features include culinary trends, educational programs and food communications.
- The FCP website features a member marketplace, educational event calendar, online member directory, FCP mentor program, as well as information on our FCP Connects, upcoming workshops and our sub-specialty groups.
- Six separate electronic mailing lists (EML) are available to all members — our regular EML, supermarket/retail EML, restaurant/hospitality EML food safety EML, agriculture EML and a mentor EML.
Networking, Business Meetings, Continuing Professional Education Events, Receptions
- FCP has four specialty subgroups — supermarket/retail, restaurant/hospitality, food safety and agriculture.
- FCP hosts a number of FNCE® events including pre-conference educational event/tours/dinners (including, when possible, a hands-on culinary workshop), an outstanding networking reception and a business breakfast meeting.
- Educational webinars are held monthly on the latest culinary and food topics.
- FCP also hosts book clubs (via conference call) throughout the year, offering members an opportunity to discuss books that address issues important to the field of food and nutrition.
- FCP has teleforum discussions with subgroup members to discuss trends and hot topics specific to the subgroup.
- FCP hosts a culinary workshop that offers attendees a chance to further develop their culinary expertise and skills. Our next workshop will be offered in 2017. Watch the FCP website for details!
- FCP Connects — offer networking and foodie opportunities to connect with FCP members (check the event calendar for details).
- FCP International Education Trips provide opportunities to earn CPEUs in international locations. Plans are underway for the 2017 trip to Chile.
- Our cookbook — The American Dietetic Association Cooking Healthy Across America.
Note: Discounts are available for purchases of 10 or more copies through the FCP office.
You can contact the FCP Office at:
P.O. Box 46998
Email: [email protected]