Providing resources and support which empower Behavioral Health Nutrition members to excel in areas of addictions, eating disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health.
Optimizing the physical and cognitive health of those we serve through nutrition education and behavioral health counseling.
- Chair: Diane Spear, MS, RDN, LD, FAND
- Past Chair: Adrien Paczosa, RD, LD, CEDRD
- Chair-Elect: Janice Scott, MS, RDN, CSP, LD
- Treasurer: Kathy Russell, RD,LD
- Secretary: Mackenzie Reeser, BA, BS, RDN, LDN
- Nominating Committee Chair: Rachael Press, RD
- HOD Representative: Cynthia Burke, MS, RD, LDN, FAND
- Event Chair: Carly Siceloff, MS, RD, LDN
- Event Co-chair: Jennifer Fillenworth, RD
- Social Media Coordinator: Kacy Grossman, MS, RDN, CPT
- Social Media Student: Emily Phillips
- Student Blog Manager: Amanda Adkinson; Sharon Lemons, MS, RDN, CSP, FAND
- Sponsorship Chair: Dana Magee, RD, LD, CLT
- Webinar Coordinator: Eugenia Goh, MS, RDN, LD
- Policy and Advocacy Leader/Reimbursement Chair: Carol Bradley, PhD, RDN, LD, CBA
- Student Liaison Chair: Emily Conner, BS, CPT, RYT200
- Newsletter Editor: Hanna Kelley, RD, CD
- Associate Newsletter Editor: Becky Hudak, RDN
- Student Newsletter Editor: Shana Spence
- Test Writer: Kathryn Mount, MS, RDN
- CPE Manager: Caitlin Royster, RDN, LDN
- Mental Health SOP/SOPP Chair: Terry Anderson-Girard, MS, RD
- Fact Sheet Editor: Crystal Karges, MS, RD, IBCLC
- Eating Disorders: Marci Anderson Evans, CEDRD, CPT, LDN
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities: Sharon Lemons, MS, RDN, CSP, FAND
- Addictions: Renee Hoffinger, MHSE, RDN
- Mental Health: Ruth Leyse Wallace, PhD, RDN
- Resource professionals who are knowledgeable and available to answer members' questions
- Electronic Mailing List with online access to Resource Professionals and DPG members
- Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter pages; Twitter Chats
- Webinars on hot topics in behavioral health nutrition, with continuing education at a reduced rate or free to members
- BHN Newsletter is the quarterly electronic publication that includes original articles, continuing professional education opportunities, practice tips from resource professionals, references, resources and book reviews in each of BHN's four practice areas: addictions, eating disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health. Subscriptions are available to individuals not eligible for Academy membership for $25 per year.
Academy Positions Involvement
- "Nutrition Intervention in the Treatment of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Other Eating Disorders"
- "Providing Nutrition Services for Infants, Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities and Special Health Care Needs"
- "Oral Health and Nutrition"
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
- Excellence in Practice Awards for each of BHN's four practice areas and Distinguished Member Award, presented annually at FNCE®
Academy Members: $30
Student Dues: $10