Providing resources and support which empower Behavioral Health Nutrition members to excel in areas of addictions, eating disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health.
Optimizing the physical and cognitive health of those we serve through nutrition education and behavioral health counseling.
- Chair: Janice Scott, MS, RDN, CSP, LD
- Past Chair: Diane Spear, MS, RD, LD, FAND
- Chair-Elect: Megan Kniskern, MS, RD, CEDRD
- Treasurer: Jennifer Costello, RD, LDN, LCSW
- Secretary: Mackenzie Reeser, BA, BS, RDN, LDN
- Nominating Committee Chair: Theresa Wright, MS, RD, LDN
- HOD Representative: Cynthia Burke, MS, RD, LDN, FAND
- Public Relations Director: Kathryn Fink Martinez, RD, LD, CEDRD
- Sponsorship Chair: Dana Magee
- Website Coordinator: Kathryn Russell, MS, RDN, FAND
- PAL: Carol Bradley, PhD, RDN, LD, BCBA
- Event Chair: Carly Siceloff, MS, RD, LDN
- Publications Chair: Jaimie Winkler, RD, LDN
- Newsletter Editor: Becky Hudak, RDN
- Resource Professionals:
- Addictions: Cynthia Rutkowski
- Eating Disorders: Marci Evans, CEDRD, CPT, LDN
- Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities: Jean Daniello, MS, RDN, LDN, CDE
- Mental Health: Ruth Leyse-Wallace, PhD
- Resource professionals who are knowledgeable and available to answer members' questions
- Electronic Mailing List with online access to Resource Professionals and DPG members
- Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter pages; Twitter Chats
- Webinars on hot topics in behavioral health nutrition, with continuing education at a reduced rate or free to members
- BHN Newsletter is the quarterly electronic publication that includes original articles, continuing professional education opportunities, practice tips from resource professionals, references, resources and book reviews in each of BHN's four practice areas: addictions, eating disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health. Subscriptions are available to individuals not eligible for Academy membership for $25 per year.
Academy Positions Involvement
- "Nutrition Intervention in the Treatment of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa and Other Eating Disorders"
- "Providing Nutrition Services for Infants, Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities and Special Health Care Needs"
- "Oral Health and Nutrition"
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
- Excellence in Practice Awards for each of BHN's four practice areas and Distinguished Member Award, presented annually at FNCE®
Academy Members: $30
Student Dues: $10