RDN Rating: 3
Age rating: 4+
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Reviewed by: Jessica Crandall, RDN, CDE
Synopsis of the App
The Find Me Gluten Free app lists restaurants ratings and reviews based on how gluten-friendly the businesses are in the area. This makes it easier for those suffering from celiac disease and gluten intolerance to find gluten-free menus and restaurants. This app is designed for travelers to find restaurants with a complete gluten-free menu, gluten-free ingredients or a restaurant that will cater to gluten-free customers. Businesses are tagged with special gluten-free features they offer, such as pizza, pasta or bread.
- Clearly organized with tabs that lead to chain restaurant menus and a search for local businesses.
- Very good for those who travel, can search for restaurant by location or by address.
- Contains local and chain restaurants.
- Provides gluten-free menu for restaurants, as well as their website and information to the company.
- Limited reviews from users on restaurants.
This app has potential for consumers who are looking for nearby restaurants that offer gluten-free options. However, it does not tell them what they should try, avoid or consume. It needs to provide review criteria to make it more relevant to gluten-free consumers. More ratings need to be posted before I could recommend clients to use this app.