Established in 1987, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics' Media Excellence Award is presented to an individual reporter, publication or program for consistent, high-quality nutrition reporting. Recipients of the Media Excellence Award cover current issues and concerns with balance and perspective, are scientifically accurate, regularly cite Academy positions and materials and quote Academy members as experts, present nutrition information creatively and reach a wide audience.
- Cover current issues and concerns balance and perspective.
- Is scientifically accurate.
- Regularly quotes/positions dietetics professionals of the Academy as experts.
- Has broad audience reach.
- Is creative in presentation.
- Cites the Academy in web, script, and print usage of Academy materials.
- Note: advertising, special advertising sections or advertorials are not eligible for consideration.
- Covers current issues and concerns balance and perspective. (15 points)
- Scientific accuracy. (20 points)
- Regularly quotes/positions Academy members as experts. (20 points)
- Audience reach, i.e. circulation. (15 points)
- Is creative in presentation. (10 points)
- Cites the Academy in web, script and print usage of Academy materials. (20 points)