Nutrition Informatics competencies were developed by the Academy Nutrition Informatics Committee through the use of the Delphi technique. Delphi Studies use a structured approach to gathering "collective intelligence" whereby participants answer several rounds of questions. After each round, a facilitator provides an anonymous summary of the experts comments from the previous round. Each round allows participants to revise earlier comments based upon collective group comments from the previous round. The expectation is that through this process, the range of answers will focus on the correct answers and/or criteria.
A full discussion of the Delphi Study can be found in the December 2012 edition of the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Ayres, E, Greer-Carney, J, McShane, P, Miller, A, Turner, P. Nutrition Informatics Competencies across All Levels of Practice: A National Delphi Study.
The corresponding author for this study is Elaine J. Ayres, MS, RD.
- 2012 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Nutrition Informatics Delphi Study Competencies by Level of Practice
- 2012 Nutrition Informatics Competencies – GRID
- Nutrition Informatics Delphi Study Competencies Survey Round 1
- Nutrition Informatics Delphi Study Competencies Survey Round 2
- Nutrition Informatics Delphi Study Competencies Survey Round 3