How do I know what membership category I qualify for?
A full breakdown of the Academy’s membership categories (including, but not limited to Active, Retired, International, Student, and/or Associate) can be found here. This page contains descriptions of each membership category, dues amounts, qualifications, required documentation and any brochures or applications needed to apply. Additional membership questions can be sent to [email protected].
What are the benefits of becoming a member of the Academy?
Membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics serves up many opportunities, including immediate access to professional publications, continuing education opportunities, cutting-edge research and other practical benefits that you can use every day. This includes, but is not limited to, a subscription to the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and its free CPE opportunities, complimentary access to the Evidence Analysis Library, and discounts on Academy products and publications, insurance and distance education.
- What is the value of Academy membership? Over $3,000 in benefits included with your membership dues, savings on purchased products, and exclusive member offerings.
- Where can I find an overview of the Academy’s membership benefits?
I cannot remember my online password / I forgot my member ID number?
- Enter your email address on file with the Academy here and you will be sent an email with instructions to recover your password, or access this link on the sign in page located below the user ID and password fields.
- Once you are on the reset password page, do not leave the page.
Additional tips for resetting your password:
- The email may take up to 20 minutes to reach you. Please be sure to check your junk or spam folders.
- A link to update your password will be provided in the email. Make sure that you open this link in the same browser you are currently using.
- After following this link, please provide your new password.
- For the protection of your identity, and in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, if you have forgotten your Academy membership/CDR registration identification number you must submit a request in writing to [email protected] or [email protected] to recover your ID number. Confirmation of your identity will be required before your ID number will be provided.
How do I change my password?
- Log in to eatrightPRO.org to change your password
- Go to the My Academy Toolbar located below the green navigation bar
- Click on the My Profile tab
- Next to "Password", click the red reset button. You will be brought to a page to change your password.
- Enter your old password
- New passwords must be at least 8 characters and meet 3 of the following criteria:
- English uppercase alphabet characters (A–Z)
- English lowercase alphabet characters (a–z)
- Base 10 digits (0–9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters (for example, !$#,%)
How do I change my affiliate?
Academy members are offered the opportunity to update their affiliate membership designation via the paper dues invoice that is mailed every March during the membership renewal period or the Renew Online function. Members cannot make this change online unless they are renewing their membership. Beyond the renewal period, if you would like to update your affiliate membership designation you must contact the Member Service Center via e-mail at [email protected] or call 800/877-1600, ext. 5000 (weekdays, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Central time). International callers can reach us at 312/899-0040, ext. 5000.
How can I order a new membership card?
Replacement membership cards must be ordered through the Academy’s Member Service Center. You can contact the Member Service Center via e-mail at [email protected] or by calling 800/877-1600, ext. 5000 (weekdays, 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Central time). International callers can reach us at 312/899-0040, ext. 5000. You will need to provide your member ID number and confirm your mailing address in order to receive your new card. Replacement cards are free of charge and should arrive via direct mail in 2-4 weeks. If you need verification of your Academy membership sooner than this turnaround time, you can download and print a free copy of your membership certificate from the My Account tab located in the My Academy Toolbar.
How do I update my address and/or contact information?
For the protection of your identity, and in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Commission on Dietetic Registration and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, all address and contact information updates must be submitted online. You can update your address or contact information online from the My Profile tab located in the My Academy Toolbar.
If you prefer to submit an address or contact information change in writing, download and complete the name/address change form. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing. E-mail requests for address or contact information changes may be submitted to [email protected] or [email protected] but will require confirmation of your identity. Faxes will not be accepted.
How can I change my name?
For the protection of your identity, name changes cannot be made on the website, but must be submitted with legal documentation via direct mail to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or the Commission on Dietetic Registration. First, download and complete the name/address change form. Please note that we must have the last four digits of your social security number to make any changes as noted on the form. The name/address change form must then be submitted along with original legal documentation (marriage license/certificate, divorce decree, or court order) as proof of your name change. A notarized copy of the original document will also be accepted. The Academy can return any original documents submitted with a name change if you indicate on the bottom of your form that you would like them to be returned.
Name changes can be mailed to: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics /or Commission on Dietetic Registration, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, Illinois 60606. We are unable to accept faxed or scanned copies attached to emails.
How do I participate in the Find a Registered Dietitian program?
The Find a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (Find an RDN) online referral service is open to Active category Academy members. If you would like to create a new listing in the Find an RDN online referral service:
- Log in to www.eatrightPRO.org with your member ID and password.
- Open the My Academy Toolbar
- From there, enter the Find an Expert link located in the My Account tab. Accessing the program this way will allow the website to authenticate your membership.
- Upon your first visit to the Find an RDN program, you will be asked to read and agree to the General Requirements and Website Guidelines before proceeding – you’ll only need to do this once.
- Once you hit “I agree,” look for the link to CREATE NEW LISTING above your name to get started. Find an RDN runs on its own database, so any changes you make to your address and contact information will not be reflected in your profile.
- One you click “Save” on page 2, your listing will be marked “Pending Approval.” The Academy will review and publish all listings to the web in 24-72 hours.
- This is not a membership directory; you must create a listing to participate.
Need more help? Contact the Academy’s Member Service Center at [email protected] or by calling 800/877-1600, ext. 5000. International callers can reach us at +1-312/899-0040, ext. 5000. Membership Representatives are available weekdays from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Central Time.